Tuesday, February 1, 2011

goodbye loyal friend..

Stephanie (Step)
ten years ago, my uncle gave me a little, round (literally), energetic and STUBBORN puppy.. her name was Step (Stephanie).. she was a stray dog, abandoned by her mother on a pile of trash.. my uncle took her and gave her to us.. it was December 2000 when we brought her home from Manila to Bulacan.. this dog is such a headache.. ruined almost every pair of sandals she got her mouth on.. plus the countless pieces of papers, plastics, stryofoam and garbage she bring home from the trash pile outside our house..REALLY A PAIN IN THE ASS!! we managed to raise her into a very loyal dog.. she even made friends with our cats and let them sleep with her in her rag blanket (i wonder where those pictures are).. i can still recall how she runs and greets me with cute howls and barks as i arrive from school.. how she stands up to show excitement whenever i feed her.. and how she SNATCHES my bread whenever i'm off guard.. i can also remember how she had her babies (5times i think) and how she almost bit me when im taking them away from her.. how i played with her, grab her tongue when she licks my hand, how she lies flat on her back when i give her a stomach scratch or massage.. how she licks me mouth when i kiss her (specially when im lying down on our front yard).. how she runs, hop up and ride on our jeepney whenever my father arrives.. how she scratches her ear telling me that countless ticks and annoying her and she needs cleaning.. i can still remember her loyalty..

now, she's gone and all we have are memories of her.. i feels really bad looking at her when she was just a few minutes away from dying.. a could not do anything but just watch her.. i fill like i betrayed her loyalty.. "im sorry Step.. we love you.. and goodbye.." these were my last words as she died.. i should have done something but she's old.. its inevitable.. we just have to accept it.. so this evening, we dug up her grave and buried her.. bid our last farewell and left feeling lost for such a LOYAL FRIEND..

WE LOVE YOU STEP.. YOU HAVE BEEN SUCH A GREAT FRIEND.. WE WILL MISS YOU.. :'(

1 comment: